Monday, July 21, 2014

Sargent Cooper

Well hello everybody here's yet another update, and it is quite the doozy first starting with my lovely locks of hair, which isn't very much to begin with.... Here in Liberia they do not have the luxury of hair clippers so the next alternative is a razor blade, but luckily for me the spot I found had the fabled hair machinery, I could hardly contain myself. Eagerly sitting down in the chair I was awaiting to be redeemed from the wild animal that was growing on my head. First the barber went ahead and tried to use the blade, but to no avail my hair was just too ferocious. So big boy got out the heavy machinery..... The battle long and hard, but finally the beast was tamed... And now my hair is at an all time low, the lowest its been since I was middle school.
Well other than my hair Liberia is sweet and rainy season is in full effect and so rain boots are getting a full drenching, mud puddles are awaiting my rubber footprint. The experience is sweet and luckily I get to share all of my experience with new missionary fresh out of the MTC, and he just finished his first transfer, so he is very much excited to be out in the field, and I am excited to dispense my understanding unto him, but always in small doses haha.
I hope my recent miracle will brighten your day:

Miracles:

Well this week my miracle was one of my investigators in my last area was baptized on Saturday. Sis. Johnson is an older woman, who just so happened to come to church back in March, but she had to go away on business to Maryland County, but I felt it was necessary to give her all of tracks and a copy of the Book of Mormon. the week before I was transferred, she came back and she had answered all of the questions on the tracks in the additional study section, had finished reading the Book of Mormon, and had received a testimony of the Book of Mormon and its truthfulness. I was definitely excited about her progress, and even more impressed by her sincere desire to go the temple. I also found out that she lives in Atlanta, Ga, about 45 minutes from my house to be exact and on her way to work she would drive by the Atlanta Georgia Temple every morning. Seeeing the temple spurned her desire even more to investigate the Church, and that desire eventually led to her conversion.
Sometimes we are sent way out of the way to find the one who is searching for truth whether that be 45 minutes down the interstate or thousands of miles away from home. No matter the clime or the distance the Gospel will always touch the hearts of those who are honestly seeking the truth.
Love you all and keep sharing the gospel with those you see everyday you never know what can happen. (D&C 84:85)





7/14/14
The area is very sweet and pretty awesome, last night was the final for World Cup so you can imagine how busy it was all day long :D. But we did receive news that Germany did end up beating Argentina 1-0. Great way to start off the week right well back to business..... The area I am in is very fruitful, but nothing good comes easy, as my companion says. The Book of Mormon is indeed TRUE, if you don't believe me try and take the test. Read, Ponder, and Pray... The Book of Mormon is not a book you can just pick lightly read and then put it down again expecting to receive some profound revelation. It just does not work that way, we have to seek and search the Scriptures diligently in order to receive any witness of the truth. Training ourselves to drink deeply the scriptures and then resolve act on the personal revelation we receive. In my reading of the Book of Mormon I have come to know that it is true and that in order to receive that testimony we have to seek after it diligently. Alma 32.
This transfer I will hit my year mark and it is too strange to think that time has flown by so fast, before I know it will be Christmas again O__O WHAAAA!!!!! Its all good though I still have some time here to devote to the work, so look forward to some very unique emails and stories between now and Christmas time.
Love you guys and stay safe over there.
Peace, Love, and Hula Hoops
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment