Monday, June 16, 2014

Soggy Proportions

Well hello family this week has been one of soggy proportions, Rainy
season is in full effect and so my favorite past time of mud fights
and water puddles is definitely being fulfilled by the onslaught of
rain we have had for the past month.

This week has been very good we were able to have some really powerful
lessons and even I had a bout with a front wheeled drive corolla, I
won but it came with a price. The week started off with a bang we got
out there and had some really profound lessons starting with an
investigator, sis. janet, she was just sitting at her house  next door
to another investigator we were trying to contact. After being bounced
we just decided to go and sit down with her and have a teaching
opportunity.

Side Note: There is one significant face that I have come to learn
about Liberia, there are a lot of people here searching, seeking,and
hungering after the truth, so when we contact these people we can't
help but get excited.

So back to the story: we ended up sitting down with her and she was
just telling us about how she traveled to Nigeria to meet this
"prophet" and she had nothing but bad vibes from this guy so she left
Nigeria and came back home and she had been back an entire week, and
we show up. Invited her to baptize and even gave her a copy of the
Book of Mormon and committed her to read the BOM and to come to
church. It was a very inspiring lesson  to have.

My fight with a car was very eventful, we went out to get some
provisions for the next morning and a guy got stuck in the mud so me
and my companion decided to go help him out and we had our rain boots
on so it was no biggie. We get there and after many failed attempts to
get him out we ended up doing some digging around his tires so we can
free it as we pushed. We got the mud out, which was a nice slush-like
substance and smelled like a barrel of sunshine ( not really) and we
started pushing the car and lo and behold I ended up right where the
fun was at on the front right tire and I got blasted with the best
gift ever, and so I look like I just got finished being chased out of
the bush haha! so enjoy yeah!

PS: My shirt did get washed by the way




Update:

Well hello again family I bring you another update from Liberia, life
here is going well and time is flying by all too fast. so far Rainy
season is definitely here and the storms are sweet, I get to fill up a
full bucket of fresh rain water in less than 5 minutes. This past
weekend we had district conference, and we got some big news about how
the district I am currently serving in will be split into the new
Panyesville District, which is very exciting. The work of Salvation is
definitely hastening at blazing speeds right now. The work here
continues to grow and me and my companion have been able to find some
new people to teach here in the area of Thinker Village. so the work
here is steady. I recently had some really profound experiences in
regards to prayer, the answers we receive in earnest, diligent, and
faithful prayers will help us to grow ever so much in faith and as
well as in testimony. Currently re-reading the Book of Mormon again,
which I challenge all of you to do by the way. all last week we have
received instruction on how to go to church on time with the INTENT to
renew our covenants, and not just going to be present. to read the
Book of Mormon with the DESIRE to be edified, and not just to read it
to complete a challenge or to see how far you can get in a day. which
this enlightenment also encouraged me to remember to always stay sharp
and continue moving in a positive direction. 2 Nephi 5:27

Peace, Love, and Hula Hoops

Elder Cooper




No comments:

Post a Comment