Monday, July 7, 2014

"Its true, its true"

Well everyone I have been transferred yet again, this time to Gardnersville New Georgia. You can say I am so close to home yet so far away :D. The area is definitely sweet and I am loving the new companion that I have from Nigeria. Oh and I am now a trainer, I will be helping my new companion, Elder Nnaji, or Elder Ninja as the local branch members call him haha I will be sure to include a picture the next email. But other than that the time is slipping by quickly, and I can believe that it has already been 11 months that I have been away from home, and the experiences that I have gained so far have definitely been soul stirring. One account I will share with you is from my last area in Thinker Village:
One of my former investigators, Sis. Warner, read the section of Alma 32 that we had assigned her, and we returned the next day to follow up with her prayer. As we started the lesson we were just led to talk about how to recognize answers from the Holy Ghost. And she expressed that she really didn't pray, because she didn't know how the answer would come.
So this was the question I asked:
If your Heavenly Father was here right now what would he tell you about the Book of Mormon?
Her answer:
He would tell me it is true....
So we took advantaged of what we call a PRAY NOW opportunity and we decided to ask God if the Book of Mormon is true, and this is what happened next after we finished praying.
So afterwards I asked her how she felt, and she stated she felt peace in her heart. Then I asked her about what she thought and this is what she said.
" I keep hearing its true, its true......"
I was definitely overjoyed to hear those words and I knew that what she had said was true, and it strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon even more.
Mission is sweet and so is the work, keep pushing and keep hastening the work, and all will be well.

Peace, Love, and Hula Hoops
Elder Cooper

Check out this link. 

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2014/07/young-adults/becoming-perfect-in-christ?cid=HPTU070114291&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment