Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Arms of an Angel

Dearest Family,

I apologize in advance for me neglecting to email/ update you on the
latest comings and goings of the Lord's work here in the vineyard that
is the Ghana Cape Coast Mission. Well this week has been a week of
profound pondering and self-examination, the question that continually
permeates my mind is this: Am I living up to the potential that
Heavenly Father sees in me? Well as for the answer I am searching and
seeking, and I know I will find. But as for this past week me and my
companion have been working hard to ensure that those we teach are
fully prepared to baptize, but as I came to understand the purpose of
this work in a more detailed way it dawned on me :D. We are called to
help others reach their full potential by helping them receive the
'fullness of the everlasting gospel' including all of the saving
ordinances that pertain to this gospel. I have a chart I would draw
out and send, but I will save that for when I come home, but knowing
this fact has inspired me to be better, to progress beyond where I now
stand, and resolve to look not with my natural eyes ( only seeing the
small picture and limiting my vision), but to see with an eye of
faith. Looking forward to the fullness rather than the glass being
half full. So I challenge you that receive these little refrigerator
reminders to look forward to you full potential and then strive to
help others to receive that same reward. I know that we will be able
to achieve it just as long as we make those much need and seemingly
miniscule adjustments to the blueprints of our lives.


Sidenote:

I have gotten a tad bit out of shape so every morning I go running and
man its exhausting, but I do know it will be rewarding somewhere in
the near future. All the bread here is slowly killing me..... I
haven't gotten chunky but I am starting to feel the after affects...
lol :D

I love all of you very deeply and I pray for you with every fiber of
my heart. Please remember to keep those in the affected Ebola
countries in your prayers, especially those residing in Liberia.

Peace, Love, and Hula Hoops

Elder Cooper






Arms of an Angel: 

Well this past week was a little strange, but as the title states
there was a tender moment that I was able to experience last week, but
before we get to that here is a small side track:

If you could open your Book of Mormon to Alma 26:22, within there are
steps to not having but also living an abundant life here on this
beautiful place that we call Earth.

 22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth
good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is
given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given
to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be
given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it
has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

in this verse I have come to know that these things work for our
benefit to grow closer to heavenly father as well as to receive
personal revelation for ourselves, and eventually one for a future
family. Repentance, Faith, bringing forth good works, and praying
without ceasing are all ways that we can prepare ourselves to receive
guidance and direction, which is something I know that all of us is
searching and digging for. I know this verse is especially true if you
feel that this particular verse rings true to you I invite you to
"experiment upon my words," and try it for yourself and you will be
amazed at the changes you will experience and the growth that you will
achieve.

As I stated earlier I had a tender moment on the way back from our
p-day activities, there was a small little girl sitting next to me on
the bus who decided I was gonna be her new friend, which was sweet
haha I mean a missionary is a pretty good friend right? But anyways as
we were traveling this small child, named Andra, was pretty much just
playing with my CTR ring which also Glows-in-the Dark, and you can
imagine her joy with that, and just having an  overall enjoyable time.
Sorry I forgot to mention she is around the same age as my little
sister Emily. So as is the custom here in Africa children are
literally thrust into our arms, as we try to explain to the people the
whole thing about children and missionaries it just doesn't seem to
matter to them so it mfor very awkward situations, but anyways as we
approached a tro-tro station her grandmother decided to get out to run
and get water, and little Andra was almost thrown to me. As I sat
there me and the other missionaries were there to entertain to talk to
her until her grandmother returned. It was strange at first, but then
I was reminded of all those times where I would watch my sisters for
my mom. And looking at this child being literally protected by these
missionaries would be an experience that I am sure she will never
forget.

It was one of those big brother moments :D

Love all of you and always keep on keepin on

Peace, Love, and Hula Hoops

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment