Friday, August 29, 2014

Adversity

Hello friends and family,

How are all of you doing and its great to be able to update you guys
on the progress of the work here in Liberia....ahem!...Ghana. This
week has been full of surprises and I am looking forward to the
experiences of being a missionary in the West Africa Mission. Well
where to start... Well the rain here is still about the same, but
there have been some significant changes in my diet and other areas of
life. Fufu is divine and even though I miss rice, I can get used to
it. Learning a new language is absolutely difficult, but it is also a
great learning experience.

Side Track:

Adversity is something that I have come to realize as a blessing
rather than a curse. Sometimes the trials that come our way may seem
defeating, deflating and oft times can be discouraging. We may be
uprooted from our homes, a friendship  that was once sweet has now
turned sour, but whatever happens we can not allow for the feelings of
discouragement and disappointment to get at the heart strings. Life is
never a fixed pattern of events that line up with our every desire or
plans, even if everything falls through and plans aren't quite
achieved always remember that we can and will be lifted as we rely on
the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Our Father in Heaven knows our trials,
dreams, goals, and the innermost desires of our hearts. I know some
areas of life may seem impossible, but as we read in Mark Ch.9:23"
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to
him that believeth."

Love you guys and stay cool

Elder Cooper

Funnies:

Whatever life throws at me I duck so it can hit the person behind me

No comments:

Post a Comment